Friday, May 30, 2008

Free Internet Radio

I'm really unimpressed with Yahoo's Launchast. Their motto is "music that listens to you" but the ratings have no effect on what is actually played. How do I know? Because songs that I rate "Never Play Again" come up consistently. In fact I have noticed a looping playlist which means that a "Can't Get Enough" rating on an Album has no effect on what is played either.

As soon as I decided to pay for the commercial free version, a friend came over and introduced me to Pandora. Their motto: "It's a new kind of radio - stations that polay only music you like"

http://www.pandora.com/

Are they any better at playing more of a variety and respecting your ratings? I don't know yet, but it's free and it was created from the Music Genome Project. "Free" never lasts long, so get it while you can.

No comments:

Check This Out!

More Links to Good Information