Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Taking the Hatchet to Oakley






Three years ago I went to the Oakley outlet at the mall to buy a pair of sunglasses. I picked out a pair I liked for $125. I asked my wife how they looked on me and she said they looked 'stupid', so I made her go back to the store with me to return them and pick out a pair that looked good - no matter the cost.


She ended up picking out the Hatchet(tm) sunglasses for $250 and all was good. Three years later I notice that one of the rubber nose guards has gone missing. I looked up the Oakely site and found my glasses http://oakley.com/pd/1114 and called to order some new lenses and the rubber pieces. Sorry, these glasses have been discontinued but you can turn in your pair for a $50 credit towards a new pair. Really? Why would I want a new pair of Oakley's when the parts of a $250 pair of glasses wear out after 3 years and can't be replaced?


No thank you Oakley, there are other companies who make sunglasses without unreplacable rubber parts. It looks like I'll be buying Dragon(tm) in the future. I had a pair of these a few years ago and loved them. The frame protrudes out far enough to actually protect the lenses from scratching when they are dropped. Imagine that...glasses designed to protect the lenses.






No comments:

Check This Out!

More Links to Good Information