Friday, October 19, 2007

Cannot Delete OCI.DLL in Oracle Client BIN

In the process of re-installing a different version of the Oracle client, I needed to un-install the first version. I went through the de-install process with the Universal Installer:



Then I attempted to delete the client_1 folder at C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\BIN but received an error and was unable to delete. I tried deleting all of the files in the \bin directory and was left with oci.dll

There were no Oracle services running.

I renamed "oci.dll" to "delete.txt" and rebooted the server. I was then able to delete the folder and start fresh.

2 comments:

SATYA said...

Thanks alot Tom. I got my issue resolved.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tom...u r great...i got the solution by your suggesion...

Check This Out!

More Links to Good Information