Monday, October 15, 2007

WWJD - What Would Jesus Do?

Some have been taught that when they are in a situation that requires a decision to be made, they should ask themselves - What would Jesus do?

This question reminds me of Deuteronomy 15:11

"These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men."

If you have to ask "What would Jesus do?", then you lack faith. Rationalizing the correct decision with your mind, circumvents the reality of a living God. If you answer the question yourself, then it is you who are Lord of your life. The proper question to ask is "Lord, what shall I do?".

James 1:6-8
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

Do you want to know what Jesus would do? He would ask the Father and submit to His will. He would believe and not doubt.

Jesus gave up his life, not only for the forgiveness of sins...but to send the Counselor:

John 16:7-15
But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned. "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

If you want to know what Jesus would do, ask Him and expect to receive an answer. And when you receive it, do not doubt or become double-minded. Give up your mind and put on the mind of Christ. And don't be amazed by the events of low probability that result, but be thankful that your name is written in the book of life.

No comments:

Check This Out!

More Links to Good Information